Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, September 10, 2012

Movie Reviews


Marshall Fine of huffingtonpost.com created a movie review of the film "The Avengers," titled 
"Movie Review: The Avengers." Based on the opening line, "Here's the best thing I can say about The Avengers," I thought this review would be negative. I was completely wrong. Throughout this review, he generally describes the plot and the humor. For the humor, he compares it to other films. He describes the slapstick as "worthy of Chuck Jones in his Looney Tunes heyday." He does not touch on cinematic techniques, which most likely indicates that the purpose of this review was to mostly describe the plot. Judging by the praise Fine gives to the plot and humor, I'm sure he recommends the film.

For the quarterly movie review, I feel as though we should have certain requirements, but be able to focus in-depth on what stoop out to us most during the film. I don't think there should be a basic structure. If people want to write it all in the third-person that should be fine, and if people want to write it from their perspective in the first-person, that should be no problem either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment