Total Pageviews

Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

World Without Walls: Learning Well with Others

I read the article "World Without Walls: Learning Well with Others" written by Will Richardson on Edutopia. You can see my annotated page but for some reason there is also stuff highlighted... don't worry about that.

Anyway, onto the actual content. Richardson is attempting to persuade the reader that schools must embrace the advancement in technology. While he states that "face-to-face classrooms... are equally important in a connected world," he also makes it clear that the Internet can come of great use.

I do believe that a teacher is necessary, because, at least for me, learning from a teacher in-person is much easier than trying to search the Web for answers, as there is nothing like the reassurance of having a professional right by my side. My opinion could easily change someday.

He goes on to describe how a middle school class in California connects with one in Canada daily to work on projects together. He downplays some of the negative aspects of working on the Internet, such as the false information.

I'd love to learn script-writing techniques from experts. The creativity is loads of fun, because at this point in the production, there is little guidance. One thing I would need to learn is how to estimate the length of film through the script. Connected learning seems possible, as there are many Blogs out there, and some might pertain exactly to what we are learning. Ideas for films, whether it's the cinematography, the script, the costumes etc. can all be accessed on the Internet. I expect this to prove to be a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment